The Department of History and Political Science prepares students to pursue advanced study in history, law, international relations, journalism, or numerous other professional fields. Our programs train students to investigate complex problems, identify reliable sources, analyze information, and communicate conclusions in a clear and thoughtful manner through advanced writing skills.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Identify and describe key historical events, processes, and actors from a diverse array of times and places.
- Investigate diverse forms of historical evidence and evaluate sources for their appropriateness and utility.
- Create forms of written and oral presentation, using accepted professional methodologies, which clearly articulate historical interpretations.
- Analyze and interpret historical evidence and key historiographical debates, distinguishing between causal and correlative factors in the historical process.
- Develop skills and strategies for conveying historical knowledge, interpretations and methodologies to diverse audiences using a variety of delivery methods.